Pages

6.30.2014

Roasted Garlic Parmesan Squash

Eat your veggies!  How often did you hear this growing up??  I heard it ALL THE TIME!  I was a very picky eater most of my life.  After I was married I started cooking more and I started trying things I never thought I would try.  I do eat a lot more than I use to, but veggies are still an issue for me.

I am trying to change some of my eating habits and adding more veggies is #1 on my list.  Last week I bought some asparagus and tried roasting it and it was amazing!  I went to a friend's farm and picked blackberries and blueberries the other day.  She gave me a bag of squash and I was like what can I do with this.  I like it fried, but that is a huge no!  I am not a squash casserole fan either.  So I decided to try roasting it like I did the asparagus.  The squash was even better than the asparagus so I must share it with yall!

Roast Garlic Parmesan Squash

1-2 Squash, sliced
1/2-1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder
Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 450.  Slice your squash and sat aside. 


 Line a cookie sheet with foil for quick and easy clean up.  In a quart size Ziploc bag add olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I don't really measure, just add accordingly.


Add squash to bag and shake...

Put the squash on the cookie sheet and top with a little bit of shredded Parmesan.  Bake for 15 minutes.


15 minutes later you have this!  YUM!


Tonight we had Pepper Steak and Squash


It's a must try!  We all love it.  What are some of your favorite squash recipes??

Wanted to share a few pages from my Half Marathon Training Notebook.  I have a page where I keep up with how I am doing every 30 days.  I also keep up with what I do each week.  Monday is Day 1 for me so I also weigh in on Monday.  At the end of each week I write down my total miles for the week.  I have also printed out a 14 week guide that I will start end of July.  This first few weeks has been all about getting back on track, watching what I eat and drinking 100 oz of water a day (that's another blog post). 

So here is a sneak peak into my notebook...



I wanted to end by sharing a favorite Bible verse of mine:
"Let us run with endurance the race set before us..." Hebrews 12:1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful thoughts...