Pages

12.24.2013

It's the most wonderful time to bake...

Nothing like baking during the holidays!  Last night I had to make one of my favorites.  7 Layer Cookies! YUM!  My mom has been baking them for me for a long time and it is a really quick and easy recipe.

7 Layer Cookies

Here is what you need...

So you start with 2/3 a stick of real butter in a 9x13 pan.  Melt in the oven.  While the butter is melting take a sleeve of graham crackers and crush them.  Remove pan from oven and pour cracker crumbs onto melted butter and spread evenly.


Next you add 1 cup of coconut...

1 cup of Chocolate Chips

1 cup of Butterscotch Chips (my favorite)

1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Top it off with some chopped Pecans

Bake at 350 for about 25 to 30 minutes, cool and enjoy!

Today being Christmas Eve we have to make cookies for Santa!  YUM!  I don't know about yall, but at my house Santa absolutely loves Chocolate Chip Ice Sandwich Cookies!  My boys and I love to bake cookies on Christmas Eve and today we had some extra help!  My son's girlfriend is spending the day with us so she helped us--it was fun having another girl in the kitchen!








 Cookie are done!  Better get them in the freezer so they will be ready for Santa!

E showing off his Christmas spirit! 

Bay got some new boots!

I hope you all have a WoNdErFuL Christmas 
and a
HaPpY NEW YeAr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful thoughts...