Pages

9.13.2013

A beautiful walking disaster...

Reading if one of my favorite things to do.  I love to get lost in a good book and let the movie play in head.  I love to start a book, but sometimes I get so hooked that I can't put it down.  I must keep reading so I can find out what is going to happen next and when I get to the end I am sometimes sad that I finished it so fast.  That's okay though-- I just ready it again! 

I want to start share some of the books I've read.  I have to start by sharing a couple of my favorites...

Jamie McGuire wrote a book that I absolutely fell in love with.  I have read it half a dozen times and sometimes when I am between books I will pick it up and read through some of my favorite parts.  It was so good that I read it in less than 2 days and than turned around and read it again.

Beautiful Disaster

Book Synopsis: 
INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


and than she wrote the book from Travis' point of view...


Book Synopsis:
 Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


Some of my favorite's: 


“One of these days you're going to fall in love, son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never” 

“There's a girl, Dad."
He smiled a bit. "A girl."
"She kinda hates me, and I kinda..."
"Love her?"
"I don't know. I don't think so. I mean...how do you know?"
His smile grew wider. "When you're talking about her with your old dad because you don't know what else to do.” 


5 STARS AMAZING!
I don't like to give the story away so I will just say this...
I just fell in love with these books from the first few lines and I find myself going back to them often.  Travis is the perfect "bad boy" who really has a heart of gold.  Abby is doing a lot of trying to avoid what she knows is so right for her out of fear.  America and Shipley are perfect together and for their friends.  

All I can say is everyone must read these 2 books!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful thoughts...