Pages

8.13.2013

Key Lime Pie

A couple weeks ago we went to spend the night with my fabulous Aunt Jean because we had to catch a early flight in Nashville the next day.  Like my mom and myself she also got the "baking gene" from Mema so when we got there she had made some goodies for us!

The boys go in the kitchen and instantly dive into the brownies!  She pulls a Key Lime Pie and fresh raspberries out of the frig and I am thinking "no"!  I have never cared for limes.  Than I see this pie with a Oreo crust and it peeks my interest.  Jean goes on to tell us that years go when they lived in Ohio she get the recipe from a neighbor.  Its one of the easiest pies to make and that you just follow the recipe on the back on of the Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice, BUT use a Oreo Cookie crust and serve it with some raspberries. 

She was so right!  The combination is amazing!  My husband who does not eat sweets had two pieces!  Since we have been home from our trip I have made 2 of these awesome pies!  I just had to pass this on to all my friends, but wanted to give credit to my Aunt Jean!  THANK YOU JEAN!  We have a new favorite dessert here!

So here is the recipe...

 Here is what you need (plus 3 eggs)...

 Make sure you use Nellie & Joe's Lime Juice with the recipe on the back!

 Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

 YUM!

 It's the perfect combination of flavors!

 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful thoughts...