Pages

12.28.2014

Found it and not losing it again...

My love for running started my freshman year of high school.  I made the track team and couldn't of been happier.  I ran the 200 meter dash, 400 meter dash and a couple of relays.  During training I found my love for running.  It was an escape for me.  It was my alone time.  A time to clear my head, think things out and just be.  

I found a couple pictures from High School Track Meets...



Between college, marriage and having children I lost my love for running.  I got busy with life and raising my boys. Like most moms I put myself on the back burner and took care of everyone else.  I do not regret doing that either.  My boys are my life and being their mom is the greatest thing on Earth.  

Around 2011 I weighed more than I ever weighed, I was down in the dumps a lot and my boys were getting older and needing me less.  I woke up one November day and said its time to take care of me so that I can continue to take care of my family.  Four months later I was down 15 pounds and ran my first 5K.  It was an amazing day for me.  It was the day all the hard work paid off and I found my love of running again.

I messed up my IT Band in 2013 and it really messed up my running.  I continued to walk and exercise, but it became less and less.  I had a decision to make continue to go backwards or kick it back in gear.  So this past May I started up again and signed up for my first half marathon.  

These past few months have been amazing.  I have lost weight, toned up and enjoyed every mile I ran.  I ran a few 5K's, a 10K and half marathon.  Running has been a bonding experience for me and my sister-in-law and many other friends.  I have learned so much about myself.  I am much stronger than I thought I was.  

A good run can be so much for me: 
quiet time with God
a time to work out things going on in my head
a time to cool down before dealing with an issue
a moment to really enjoy nature and all that is around me



 Flint River Greenway is a beautiful place to run

Improving all the time!  Galloway Method has been awesome for me.  If you can't stomach most energy gel, give Huma a try.  They are amazing.


 Mistletoe Madness 5K was my last race of 2014.

Love this girl and love that we both found our love for running!  Looking forward to what 2015 holds for us!  


In 2014 I set goals and I met them.  I went beyond the 5K and ran my first 10K and my first Half Marathon.  Both runs were huge for me and finishing them was awesome.  Now that I know what to expect I have bigger goals for 2015.  Improving my pace is my number 1 goal.   

So what is ahead for me?

Run The Bluegrass Half  3/28/15

I am sure I will do many more races, but those are the 3 big ones that are coming up!  What are your goals for 2015?  What races are your favorite?  What training tips can you share with me?

Happy Running Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful thoughts...