Pages

1.04.2013

Devoured Series by Emily Snow

Book Synopsis:
 Sienna Jensen had no plans to return home when she graduated college last spring—after all, her dreams lie in California. But when she discovers her grandmother’s Nashville home has been foreclosed, and the new owner has started the eviction process, Sienna has no other choice but go back to Music City. And she comes face to face with the flawed, gorgeous man she never thought she’d see again. The man who now holds the deed to her grandma’s estate.

When millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe finds the outspoken redhead glaring at him from across a courtroom, he’s both infuriated and intrigued. He still can't get the night Sienna almost spent with him out of his mind, and the chemistry between them is as undeniable as it was two years ago. He craves Sienna more than ever. And just like everything Lucas hungers for, he’s determined to have her.

Now, Lucas will do whatever it takes to lure Sienna into his bed, even if that means making a deal with her: ten days with him, playing by his rules, and he’ll hand over the deed to her grandmother’s home. Though she agrees to the arrangement, Sienna is conflicted. Because of her duty to her family. Because of promises she’s made to herself and a past that still haunts her. And as Lucas’s game of seduction continues, and Sienna is introduced to his dark, erotic world and even darker background, she realizes that at any moment, she could be devoured.


I want to begin by saying that I totally get Sienna.  I saw myself in her in many ways.  She was a people pleaser and tended to keep her mouth shut and just do as she was told.  She had a bit of rough life, but a grandmother who means the world to her.  It took a few things happening in her young adult life for her to find her "bitch", backbone or voice!  Whatever you want to call it.  So I loved Sienna!

Lucas is your hot sexy rocker that you totally want to please, but are also a little scared of because of what he could do to you.  Sometimes I want to slap him and others times I just want to say "yes sir"! :)

Kyle is his personal assistant and she is also his sister.  I love her, too.  She has a heart of gold and wants what is best for her brother--that would be Sienna!

As Sienna goes to work for Lucas for 10 days so she can get her grandma's house back it is a crazy time.  Lucas seems all in one second and all out the next.  Poor Sienna is so scared to let go when we all know she already has it is just a matter of telling herself she has.  Then when she finally lets go it is amazing!  Too bad the devil rears her ugly head and screws it all up!!!  Lucas tells her to get out---her time is done.  Tells her that her grandmother will get her house back and she needs to just go.  It is heartbreaking!  I want beat Lucas.  

I will say in all this Sienna does find herself.  She makes the changes in her life that she needs to make to make her happy.  She stands up for herself.  This part makes me happy!  

Months later she gets a text from Kylie to turn on the TV and watch a certain channel.  She does and it is a premiere video of Lucas Wolfe and his solo debut.  She reluctantly watches the video and then there is a knock at her door.  Someone wants another chance!  
STAY TUNED for CONSUMED (Book 2) 1/15/2013

Favorite Lines:
“Not really. But I'm a huge fan of your ass. I could write a song about your ass. "
"You've never even seen it."
"Feeling is believing.”

 “And yes, it is you. It’s always been you.”

"One of these day, you're going to have to stand up for yourself.  No matter what someone's holding over your head.  When you do, you'll be able to accept that there are people who love you." 



All Over You
(Devoured .05)

Book Synopsis:
Before Sienna was devoured, before Lucas was consumed, they were all over each other . . .

Lucas Wolfe is used to getting what he wants—from everyone but one person, that is—so when he meets the wardrobe assistant hired to work his band’s newest video, he’s got to have her. From the moment Sienna first obediently whispers “Yes, Mr. Wolfe”, he knows she’s perfect for him.

Three days.

And he’ll have her stripped down and bound to his bed.

Set two years before the events of DEVOURED, ALL OVER YOU is the story of Sienna and Lucas’s first encounter.

Oh my word!  That is all I can say.  It all works for me now!  I read this last night and then I had to jump right in and read Devoured again.  I can't wait for Consumed to come out 11 days so I see how the story ends!  After reading both books I suggest that you still read Devoured first and then read All Over You.  I like that I found out how the first met after.  It just makes sense to me.  I think you will be disappointed if you read All Over You first, but that is just my opinion.  

The Devoured Series by Emily Snow is a MUST READ!!! Consumed comes out on 1/15/13.  Emily also has another book out that is getting so fab reviews called Tidal so be sure and check it out, too.  I just downloaded it!  You can check out Emily's blog as well as other great authors on my Fav's List --->

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation. I just went and bought them. Hopefully will have them read in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my card. I do have to ask...which of the two books in this post should I read first? By how you write this I assume I should read All Over First. But...since you have read them both you tell me. I have bought both so I am ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin Devoured came out first and I read it first. Then she did All Over You about when the first met---so many people wanted to know!! That is why it is .05. In my review I said I would read Devoured first because I liked finding out about there first meeting afterwards, but it really doesn't matter. One will not really give the other away. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your wonderful thoughts...